Saturday, February 9, 2008

February Heart Warmer!

It was great to find a package waiting on our porch after a long day (Thurs.) spent in high winds and blizzard conditions at the ski slopes. Okay, so I really spend the day in the lodge while Chase snowboards, but the trek to and from the parking lot was brutal, not to mention dealing with the iced over windshield and frozen wipers!

The art book is beautiful and we will enjoy perusing it during the wait. Chase has studied a couple of the paintings featured, and I know he will be interested in reading about all of them, as will Laken someday. It is a valuable addition to our library. The Runaway Bunny is such a sweet classic, and I can't even guess how many times I've read it to Chase since he was an infant. However, his book has been long packed away, so he enjoyed reading Laken's new copy, and pronounced it a very good little story. He didn't remember it?!!!

The Asian girl nesting dolls are just darling, and will be the first item to be lovingly placed on the new shelves we'll install next week in Laken's room. Patrick is on his 5th weekend in a row of painting her room - the trimwork has been grueling! The end is in sight though, and we expect to have her room completed in the next 2 weeks. We've painted it a light, celery green with creamy, off-white trim. I'm using a lot of pink as an accent color, and her quilt is a soft yellow with big pink flowers stitched on it. It is becoming a cheery room that feels like Spring.

It was a nice touch to acknowledge CNY with the mama mouse plus 2 babies cell phone dangle - sooo cute. Thanks, as always, for your good wishes and shared excitement. I look forward to being able to share photos of our lovely girl with you soon.

Thanks again for all of the treasures, they truly brightened our day. Enjoy your travels this month!

With gratitude,

Terri, Patrick, Chase & Laken

No comments: